When focusing on taking student work OUT OF THE CLASSROOM in an effort to make it meaningful, it’s important that students have an opportunity to hear from real-world creators who have gone through the creation process.
Learning that published creators don’t start that way, reaching those heights only by going through their own trials, is an important step on the student’s journey to discover they are no different than any other successful individual.
By presenting the following interviews to your students, they can seek similarities between different creators, highlighting the aspects they should prepare for or work around.
Richard Ford Burley
Author, Actor, Podcaster
Photographer / Videographer
Videographer / Freelancer
Type of Publication Projects
- The Poetry Publication Project
- The Gender Publication Project
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Publication Project
Creation and Publication Project
- Making Projects Meaningful
- Placing Work into the World [Written Work]
- Placing Work into the World [Self-Distribution]
- Placing Work into the World [Media Arts]
- The Creation and Publication Assignment
- Connecting the Global Competencies
- Creator Spotlights