Adam Clare – Self-Published Author
www.realityisagame.com | Unofficial Pokémon GO Tracker’s Guide | Escape the Game
1. Did you have / how did you overcome fears that you would fail when you started publishing your work?
Total fears around imposter syndrome and questions around who am I to say this? I actually find communicating via text to be a challenge, which cause massive confidence issues. I guess I overcame those fears by confronting them head-on.
2. What is one piece of advice you now rely on, but wish you knew before you started the process?
Get a good editor. I knew this before I started but I didn’t take the advice.
3. What is the most positive part of having your work in the public eye?
It makes me feel good. It’s a sense of accomplishment and knowing that I’ve helped some people make better escape rooms.
4. In what way has having your work in the public eye proved to be a negative?
A few people have noted that I need a good editor. Bad reviews always hurt a little.
5. What advice would you have for someone looking to get started publishing their work?
Just do it! The only barrier is yourself – you can always find time to write a little each day. Before you start writing all the content KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY. The first thing I do is make an outline and ask people if they like that structure.
Type of Publication Projects
- The Poetry Publication Project
- The Gender Publication Project
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Publication Project
Creation and Publication Project
- Making Projects Meaningful
- Placing Work into the World [Written Work]
- Placing Work into the World [Self-Distribution]
- Placing Work into the World [Media Arts]
- The Creation and Publication Assignment
- Connecting the Global Competencies
- Creator Spotlights